- ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
- White hard-boiled eggs*
- Food coloring
- Several cups
- Big lipped plate or bowl
- 1 cup of water
- Rubber gloves (optional)
*You can use plastic eggs, with additional pre-work below.
*Pre-work for plastic eggs: Coat first with a primer and white acrylic paint and let dry.
- Create Baking Soda paint using a tablespoon or so of Baking Soda, a few teaspoons of water, and some food coloring. Mix it up and experiment until you have the consistency you want. (Use gloves to avoid staining of your fingers!)
- Grab a paintbrush and start painting your eggs.
- Splash some additional food coloring on your eggs using a dropper.
- Pour vinegar on top of an egg and watch the “volcanic eruption” all around it. (Picture the bubbling of a Baking Soda volcano but more colorful. Every time is different based on your colorful combinations.)
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 again and again until you feel happy with the colors and are ready to move on to another egg.
- Pat the eggs lightly to remove excess vinegar or just let them air-dry.